At a glance
24 years of expertise
Offers video consultation
PI Insurance: £2 - 5 million
Sylvia is a specialist family solicitor who advises on all aspects of family law from divorce to financial settlements and children issues.
Sylvia is a collaborative lawyer and member of Resolution, the association of family lawyers committed to constructive solutions in family disputes.
Sylvia’s expertise includes:
• pre-marital, post-marital and civil partnership agreements
• cohabitation agreements and advice to unmarried couples about property ownership
• all aspects of separation including drafting deeds of separation
• all aspects of divorce and financial arrangements including negotiating settlements
• applications for child arrangement orders (residence, contact and leave to remove a child from the jurisdiction)
• claims for financial provision for children under Schedule 1 Children Act 1989 including financial provision to meet education costs
• applications to vary maintenance orders
The following comments about Sylvia have been made in the publication “The UK Legal 500”:
• “Senior associate and collaborative lawyer Sylvia Haigh is also recommended for her advice to professionals on divorce and pre-marital agreements, and for her expertise on cohabitation matters” – 2019
• “Recommended for advice to professionals in relation to both divorce and pre-marital agreements” – 2018
• “Recommended for an instinctive grasp of what works” – 2017
Sylvia is fluent in Italian and Spanish having lived in Rome, Madrid and Latin America for several years.
Regulatory body: 1
Registration Number: 5667
Year of registration: 1996
English, Italian, Spanish
BA Hons Spanish (Dunelm)